Saturday, May 3, 2008

A couple of nifty things

Firstly, in reading Museum of Hoaxes, I found an entry that led to a "real art vs. fake art" quiz at the site below.


http://reverent.org/quizzes.html

It features a number of other quizzes pitting recognized great works against not-so-recognized works, mostly, it seems in reading his analysis of the results, to question what makes great art/writing/music great - the substance, or the name attached to it?


I stunk at the art furniture/cheap furniture quiz. Got about 60% on the modern art/fake art one. Got 83% on the known/unknown artist quiz.


Former GM Vaschon and I still chat with some regularity in IMs. We do a lot of sending links to youtube videos to each other - usually get on some random kick of old Muppet Show videos or the such like (or perhaps playing games like looking for videos of songs with colors in the title. Yes, we are that geeky. Come on, we GMed/GM for a text-based game!). One such exchange led through something billed as the worst music video ever (I tend to agree), then to a Daler Mehndi video (Tunak Tunak Tun), and then to something else that we both favorited. Take a look/listen - I got partway through it and realized that I really, really liked it -- Mehboob Mere, by Sunidhi Chauhan.


Mehboob Mere

No comments: