
Okay, so it is a day late...
1. Some folks' kids sing "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" (or Eensy-Weensy, if you prefer) and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the such like. And while mine do as well, that's not what they were singing yesterday as we were school shopping yesterday - instead, they were merrily riding through Target singing "We Will Rock You". Thanks to those folks who create music videos of Thomas the Tank Engine to non-kid type songs...
2. Speaking of school shopping, I thought I had the correct supply list for Pre-K, which was very short - and I had only managed to get the Kleenex by the time Meet the Teacher night came on Thursday. Glad I only grabbed those, because I then found out that Patrick's Pre-K class had a DIFFERENT supply list (due to different needs in that classroom) - that was somewhere around 4 times as long. At least the Kleenex was also on it, so I hadn't wasted effort - but instead of the supplies running right around what would probably have been $15 or so, it was around $50. Oy.
3. Patrick LOVED Meet the Teacher night. I think he's REALLY going to like Pre-K -- he kept saying how much he liked "Play School" (I think he picked up the term from Caillou?), so hopefully, this will be an enjoyable year for him, as well as one that will finally finish getting him caught up on speech. I do think he'll thrive there - he's such a friendly and social little guy, and the instructors & aides really seemed like they belonged there, yaknow? Good vibes or whatever you wanna call it.
4. Car club event today, thankfully really local - nice change as compared to driving out 30 or 45 mins. Having lunch at the event, which, since it was local, meant that my mother-in-law was making two briskets - which meant that one was in her oven all night, and one was in mine. Nothing like smelling brisket all.night.long. Talk about waking up HUNGRY. Yeesh.
5. Twilight of Dragons is back on Facebook. I'm happy. You have to start all over again at 1st level. I'm very sad. :(
6. One of Calla's dolls has been sitting on my desk for nearly a month, in need of repair. It was a garage sale find, and she really has been pretty careful with it (the head is breakable), but this time the back of the doll's head is in pretty bad shape. :/ If I am able to repair it, the head will be almost as much superglue as whatever-it-is-made-of. I hope I can, but I'm really not sure. I'll definitely need more superglue first. It has a cute hand-crocheted gown, too. Looked great in the little cradle.
7. Still need to get the tree cut up and hauled away. Not sure how or when that'll happen. Hopefully, though, we'll finally be able to really get the back-backyard cleared at the same time; it'll give the kiddos at least three times as much room to run around. Can't wait for fall temps so they'll be able to play outside longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment