Now that it isn't baking hot sitting in the car - and one can actually sit in the car with the engine off (not needing the AC) and just the windows down - Patrick's pickup time is a lot less harried.
When it was over 85 or so, and I needed to have the AC running, I'd try to leave home at just the right time - late enough that I wouldn't be sitting for too long (since I'd have the engine running for the AC - and the car is old enough that it does NOT like idling for too long!), but early enough that I'd still actually be in the school parking lot instead of waiting on the street. I'd want to get Calla out the door at about 15 til, so that I could get her fastened in and be at the school between 7 and 10 til. Even if the times were all working great, it was still just *hectic*.
Now? Eh, I leave closer to 30 til (around there, often a few minutes later than that, though). I can sit in the pickup line with the car off, windows down, and work on a crossword or sudoku, or flip through whatever magazine or catalog may have come in the mail. SO much less stressful.
(Note - arriving at about 30 til means waiting almost 40 mins until the kiddos actually start going to the cars. Even this early, I am by NO MEANS the first there. Usually a good 15 cars or so, plus a few of the local daycare vans.)
It's actually fairly peaceful. And so much less harried getting out of the house. I can grab a travel cup of coffee on my way out the door if I want, or not - but it's a decision I make based on whether or not I want it, not "Cripeit'salready10tilIdon'thaveTIME!!!".
At any rate, it's a nice change.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment